*We will continue to coordinate with Boston Parks and Recreation Department and the City of Boston to ensure FGS complies with current COVID-19 Guidelines.*
Join us for the
FGS Winter Meeting on December 3, 2022:
We are looking forward to joining you all for our Winter Meeting on December 3, 10am-noon. We will hear reports from each of our 2022 Executive Board Officers. We will also vote to approve the Spring 2022 Meeting minutes, approve updates to the Constitution & Bylaws, as well as vote for the the 2023 Executive Board and Area Directors.
- The Zoom link for the Winter Meeting is: https://brandeis.zoom.us/j/93649890954 or you can join by telephone: +1 309 205 3325 (US Toll) // Meeting ID: 936 4989 0954.
- The Nominating Committee has put forward the following Candidates for 2023 Executive Board.
- President – Pam Jorgensen (O09)
- Senior Vice President for Administration – Sydney Kanjuparamban (D13)
- Vice President of Communication and Development – Victoria Puyat (W01A)
- Treasurer – Heather Dunbar (O17)
- Vice President of the Park – Stephen Exner (N14)
- Below, you will find relevant materials for the meeting including Candidate Bios, Spring Meting Minutes, and Constitution & Bylaws Proposed Updates.
Each year, FGS members and other community volunteers successfully staff a long list of community events and educational programs. These events are open to the public, engaging our entire community and enhancing their experience in the Fenway.
2022 Community Participation Days (CPDs)
FensFest: September 10th, 2022!
Join us for our Annual FensFest in the Meadow on September 10th.
Pollinator Garden Grand Opening: September 24th, 2022!
Join us to celebrate the grand opening of our Pollinator Garden. The festivities begin at 1 p.m. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony followed by live music, games + activities, live demonstrations, prizes, refreshments, and more!
Open Gardens 2022!
General Spring Meeting 2022!
Saturday, April 9, 2022 | 10:00 am-Noon
Held Virtually through Zoom (details TBD)
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Spring Workshop on Rose Pruning!
Need some guidance on taming your roses and getting more abundant blooms? Join Master Rosarian Dave Cannistraro for a 101 on Pruning and Caring for Roses on April 9th (rain date Sunday, April 10th). Choose from either the 1-2 pm or 2-3 pm class. Space is limited. Please register by April 8th as the classes fill up.
Spring Workshop with Arborist Jen Tuttell!
After an abundant season of spring blooming shrubs, it’s important to quickly tend to deadheading and shaping for even more abundant blooms next year! To apply professional pruning skills, the Tree Committee is offering this workshop with arborist Jen Kettle one more time!
• Spring Pruning Workshop •
Prune Your Shrubs for Next Year!
The Herb and Medicinal Garden
Saturday: June 4, 2022
10:00 am – NOON
The workshop is free and open to all FGS members. Pre-registration is required. Due to the hands-on nature of this, the workshop is limited to 20 participants. Please register here!