We are indebted to the long list of Community, Corporate and Public Partners and Supporters who helped make 2018 such a memorable and successful year for our Fenway Victory Gardens community. The generosity and enthusiasm of our loyal long-term partners and new partners is indicative of the trust they have in our organization and their support of our mission to preserve and enhance this special place in the Fenway.
We sincerely thank all of our members and supporters for being an integral part of the Fenway Victory Gardens family. Our beautiful gardens have brought meaningful contributions to health, wellness, and the urban environment for over 75 years. Enthusiastic members and supporters made these contributions again possible last year.
We continue to turn those contributions into action through our core community spaces: The Teaching Garden, Apiary, Nursery, Medicinal Herb Garden, Accessible Garden, and Compost areas. This past year, the Fenway Victory Gardens delivered sustainable food across Greater Boston and received generous offerings from local businesses and helpful services from government agencies. Highlights include:
- A $25,712 grant received from BPDA to establish the first public butterfly garden in the City of Boston;
- Donated tomato and vegetable seedlings from Waltham Fields Community Farm;
- Donated herb and flower seedlings from Mahoney’s Garden Center;
- Food donation and delivery program with Women’s Lunch Place;
- Collaboration with City of Boston officials and representatives for maintenance and safety; and
- Garden entrance renovation (COG design and Perennial Gardens).
Providing maintenance and access to our abundant gardens each year takes a significant amount of participation and support, and you can be a part of our continued success!
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about how you can help. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 857-244-0262 with your questions, comments, or ideas as we embark on this growing season.
We look forward to seeing you in the Gardens and including you in our family of supporters!